UJL is committed to the protection of the environment in line with the standard set by the ISO14001 for an effective Environmental Management System. These are the company’s environmental policies:
- Our lodges use sustainable solar energy, alternative briquette charcoal and natural gas.
- Electricity consumption is limited by use of low voltage LED bulbs, limited number of sockets and without use of any electrical high voltage equipment
- Each lodge has its own Waste Management Plan (WMP) whereby: plastic is recycled, paper is recycled, glass is reused, humid waste is used for fertilization and unrecyclable solid waste is disposed off safely.
- Our supply chain takes into consideration minimizing packaging, optimizing recyclable packaging, reducing plastic
- We serve drinking water in the rooms in recycled glasses and recycled bottles
- Each lodge has its organic garden for vegetables, where no chemical pesticides or fertilizers are used
- Waste of water is minimized through collection of rain water in safe tanks.
- Safe sewerage is provided through a system of collection into protected standard septic tanks
- Furniture and equipment minimize the use of plastic and privilege use of environmentally friendly materials.
- Each lodge management takes into consideration the recovery of natural vegetation through enrichment tree planting and restoration